A Mies van der Rohe Classic.
Sumptuous semi-aniline leather (not bonded leather) on all faces, even the rear, buttons, piping and straps. Polished stainless steel frame has the perfect amount of spring for perfect comfort.
Mies van der Rohe was one of the pioneers of Modernism. He made great waves in the late 1920’s with his “Refined Comfort” design philosophy. His designs using modern materials such as stainless steel, shocked the world as they were so different from norm of the time. His signature piece that best represents his style is the Barcelona chair. Now an icon of modern furniture design.
They look great from all angles especially the back with the strap detail. Unlike competitor retailer’s our units have proportions and dimensions true to his original design for an authentic look.
Own a piece of design history that will never date and works in any space.
In the detail
– A modern classic design that will never date and works in any space
– Premium quality leather is used on seat cushions and straps
– Heavy gauge solid steel used on frame for maximum strength
– High density foam for firm comfort and plush support
– The X-Frame is a single-piece construction for smooth clean lines
L: 780, D: 775, H: 785